Waste Connections of Oklahoma City is proud to offer both garbage and recycling removal services to our residential and commercial customers.
Waste Connections of Oklahoma Recycle Guidelines
Waste Connections of Oklahoma Recycle Guidelines are very specific in this area of Oklahoma. Please read below for specifics on how best to manage your garbage and recycling needs.
OCC Recycling Guidelines
We currently only offer OCC (Old Corrugated Cardboard) recycling for our commercial FEL (Front End Load Container) customers Monday through Friday. We do currently offer OCC and metal recycling for our Roll Off garbage and recycling customers.
Metal Recycling Guidelines
We at Waste Connections of Oklahoma partner with a local metal recycler. This service is provided with the rental of a roll-off dumpster. Both scrap ferrous and non-ferrous metals are accepted.
What To Recycle in the Single Stream Cart
Waste Connections of Oklahoma residential customers receive a 96-gallon recycling container for biweekly pickup.
Residential customers are not required to sort approved Single-Stream recyclables.
When preparing recycling for pickup, please follow these guidelines carefully:
- Flatten all cardboard boxes
- Empty and rinse all containers. Do not flatten containers
- Do no place items in plastic bags
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Aluminum foil, pie pans (2" or larger, clean)
- Cereal/soda boxes
- Corrugated cardboard (max. 12" x 24"per piece)
- Detergent bottles, screw-on caps are allowed
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, green, amber)
- Metals, steel cans, aluminum cans
- Milk jugs, pop/water bottles
- Paper egg cartons
- Paper, junk mail, magazines, newspapers (glossy inserts okay)
- Plastic containers (#1 - #7 on bottom)
- Ceramics, or Pyrex®
- Drinking glasses
- Frozen food containers
- Glass, light bulbs, plates, vases, drinking glasses, or window glass
- Hard-cover books
- Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste
- Kraft® (orange or brown) envelopes
- Light bulbs, plates or vases
- Microwave trays
- Needles or syringes
- Paper ream wrappers
- Paper to-go containers
- Plastic bags, 6-pack holders, plastic tops, and other non-listed plastics
- Scrap metal
- Shredded paper
- Stickers or sheets of address labels
- Tissues, paper towels, napkins
- Tyvek® envelopes
- Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
- Window glass